10 makeup artists you should be following on Instagram
Updated: Mar 13
This is one of those topics to which there are about 1000 answers and those answers are ever changing as new artists emerge, but here are my top 10 as of today!
1. Val Garland @thevalgarland - avant-garde, editorial, inspirational. Val is a pioneer and rebel and I love her. Her book Validated is stunning and a worthy addition to your MUA library.
2. Patrick Ta @patrickta - I love his work with women of different ethnicities, he makes beautiful women even more gorgeous and he is also a fantastic photographer in his own right.
3. Rick Baker @therickbaker - I could look at his SFX pics all day. Truly amazing and his daughter is often his model and she is perfect for SFX makeup.
4. John Caglione, Jr. @johnny_cags - SFX makeup and beauty makeup for the stars. You will recognize many of the faces on his insta although often those faces are a bit beat up!
5. Pati Dubroff @patidubroff - classic, flawless, Hollywood glam makeup. Her clients range from Melissa McCarthy to Margot Robbie. She is a master.
6. Jordan Liberty @jordanliberty- The EYES, I mean, to die for. The rest of the face is perfection as well, but his eye makeup is sublime!
7. Renny Vasquez @rennyvasquez - This man know how to make women of color glow, the way he contours and highlights is high art and worth studying.
8. Vlada Haggerty @vladamua - LIPS LIPS LIPS and they are art. What she does with color, crystals, pearls, etc. is unprecedented.
9. Priscilla Ono @priscillaono - She is the MUA for Fenty Beauty and does a beautiful face as you will see from her pics. She is also a world renowned instructor.
10. Mary Phillips @maryphillips - Mary is responsible for the green eyeliner that Kendall Jenner wore to The People's Choice Awards. You will see many Kardashians/Jenners in her portfolio and for good reason, she makes women look luminous!